- Yields: 32 servings (2 pancakes per serving)
- Preparation: 60 minutes (+ 15 minutes standing time)
- 2 cups (500mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500mL) bran flakes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (60mL) packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- 5 cups (1.25L) Nordica Smooth Plain, for pancakes
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - 2% Milk
- 10 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75mL) canola oil
- 10 cups (2L) blueberries, divided
- 12 cups (3L) Nordica Smooth Plain, for serving
- 4 cups (1L) maple syrup
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, bran flakes, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together 5 cups (1.25 L) cottage cheese, milk, eggs and vanilla until blended; whisk in melted butter. Stir cottage cheese mixture into flour mixture until just combined (batter will be lumpy). Transfer batter to measuring cup or pitcher with pourable spout. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat flat top or griddle to medium heat; brush lightly with some of the oil. In batches, pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter onto griddle per pancake, leaving space between pancakes. Scatter 1 tbsp (15 mL) blueberries on top of each pancake. When bubbles form, flip pancakes; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and set. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries, wiping griddle between batches, and brushing with remaining oil as needed. Hold for service.
- Per serving: Serve 2 pancakes per serving with 6 tbsp (80 mL) cottage cheese, 6 tbsp (80 mL) blueberries and 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup.
- Alternatively, cook pancakes to order in nonstick skillet.