- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 36 slices SALERNO - Halloumi Cheese, 3/8-inch (0.9 cm)
- 12 eggs
- 6 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 yellow bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 12 cups (3L) cooked brown rice
- 6 cups (1.5L) spinach leaves, lightly blanched
- 3 cups (750mL) edamame, shelled cooked
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 lemons
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 cup (250mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) sea salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) cracked pepper
- Poach eggs and hold in an ice water bath until service. Warm slightly to order in hot water for 20 to 30 seconds.
- On a flat top, sauté peppers in olive oil until tender crisp. Set aside. Repeat with carrots.
- To make a bowl, fill bottom of a wide bowl with 1 cup (250 mL) of rice. Arrange one portion each of peppers, carrots, spinach leaves and edamame in sections. Sprinkle bowl with sesame seeds.
- Brush 3 slices of Halloumi cheese with olive oil and pan fry for 2 minutes per side or until golden crisp. Warm 1 poached egg and place in center of bowl. Top with 2 Halloumi cheese slices and serve drizzled with dressing.
- Zest and juice lemons into a medium bowl. Add shallots. Gradually add olive oil in a thin stream whisking continually until dressing starts to thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.