- Yields: 1 dozen pieces
- Preparation: 15 mins
- 12 pieces brioche, toasted
- figs, washed, stemmed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Cheese Crumble
- 1/3 cup (75mL) pumpkin seeds, roasted, unsalted
- 1 tbsp (15mL) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder, (optional)
- aged balsamic, to taste
InstructionsRecipe created by Chef Matthew Kennedy
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small pan; add maple syrup, chipotle powder and pumpkin seeds. Cook over medium heat until maple syrup reduces and coats seeds with a thick glaze, and seeds begin to toast. Remove seeds from pan and onto parchment paper or a silicon mat. Allow to cool before breaking up. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To assemble; divide goats cheese amongst toasts. Place on parchement lined baking sheet and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and top with a half fig and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with aged balsamic. Serve warm.
- Chef’s Tip
- Add caramelized onions for even more flavour
- Wear a glove or use plastic wrap to avoid leaving finger prints in cheese.