Plant Accountant, Clayson
Status: Full time
Location: Clayson Plant - 100 Clayson Road, Toronto ON
Reporting to the Plant Controller, the scope of this position involves assisting with all accounting responsibilities associated with providing the standard costing, month-end closing and financial reporting for the respective manufacturing plant.
• Preparation and processing of journal entries for month-end closing as required
• Assist the Plant Controller with preparation of finance and management reports, including P&L statements, gross margin statements, variance analyses, etc.
• Perform monthly reconciliations and analyses for various accounts and intercompany transactions and transfers
• Accounts payable coding and matching invoice
• Various spreadsheet data entry and maintenance
• Provide prompt and courteous reception services including greeting and receiving visitors, ensuring proper sign-in and registration
• Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Post-secondary education and obtain or working towards a CGA designation
• Minimum of 3 years manufacturing accounting experience within a CPG or food environment, cost accounting an asset
• Strong proficiency in MS Office including Outlook and Excel
• Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
• Effective analytical and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to strict deadlines
• Detail oriented and accurate with respect to data
Gay Lea Foods is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Love working at Gay Lea ~ Refer a friend!