Chipotle White Cheddar
These savoury shortbread crackers with aged white cheddar have a smoky chipotle kick.
Makes about 7 dozen cookies
- 2 3/4cupsAll Purpose Flour675mL
- 2tbspInstant Dissolving Sugar30mL
- 1 1/2tspground chipotle pepper7mL
- 1 1/4cupsGAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed300mL
- 1cupIvanhoe Old White Cheddar Cheese, grated250mL
Pulse the flour with the cornstarch, sugar, chipotle pepper and salt in a food processor. Add the butter and cheese; pulse until the mixture comes together (add up to 3tbsp (45 mL) water if necessary). Divide the dough into two portions and form into a rectangular log, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick by 2-inches (5 cm) wide. Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and arrange the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Slice the logs into 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick slices. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Bake, rotating the trays halfway through baking, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool completely on a rack.