- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 70 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 4 cups (1L) carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cups (750mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 2 cups (500mL) chicken broth
- GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream, for garnish
- coriander, chopped, for garnish
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan. Add leeks, carrots and ginger. Stir until coated with butter. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and broth. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Purée in blender in small batches until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sour cream and chopped fresh coriander.