- Yields: about 16 pancakes
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 sweet potatoes, small and shredded, (about 1 cup/250 mL each)
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, shredded, (about 1 cup/250 mL each)
- 1 zucchini, shredded, (about 1 cup/250 mL each)
- 1 carrot, large and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica 2%, or Nordica 4%
- 3/4 cup (175mL) all purpose flour, or whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular, (approx.)
- GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream, (optional)
- IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF (100ºC). Toss sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes with zucchini, carrot and green onion.
- Stir cottage cheese with flour, eggs, salt and pepper until well blended; pour over vegetables and stir to combine.
- Melt a little Spreadables in a large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup (50 mL) portions of vegetable mixture into skillet; flatten using back of measure. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet in oven to hold warm. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture, adding additional Spreadables to the skillet as needed. Serve pancakes with sour cream and cheese (if using).
- Use a box grater or a food processor to shred the vegetables.
- Leave the skin on all the vegetables for added fiber and nutrients.
- Freeze extra patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to warm gently in a skillet or the oven for a quick lunch or side dish.