- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Nordica Smooth Dips - Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 cup (250g) IVANHOE - old white cheddar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) chili powder
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cumin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) tomato paste
- 3 cups (750mL) vegetable broth
- 1 can (796mL) tomatoes, diced
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (540mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) red quinoa
- 1 cup (250mL) corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook onion, chili powder, cumin and garlic, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomato paste.
- Add broth, tomatoes, sweet potato, beans, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Stir in quinoa; cook, partially covered, for about 20 minutes or until quinoa and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove lid; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn and dip; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each serving with shredded Ivanhoe Old White Cheddar and green onions.
- Substitute brown rice, farro or barley for quinoa if desired.