- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 1 hour (+ 4 hours marinating time)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup (50mL) HEWITT'S - 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup (50mL) harissa seasoning blend, divided
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on
- 4 chicken drumsticks, bone-in skin-on
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30mL) honey
- In large bowl, stir together sour cream, milk and 2 tbsp (30 mL) harissa. Add chicken, tossing to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In large saucepan fitted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat oil to 350°F (180°C).
- In large resealable bag, combine flour, pepper and remaining harissa. Place baking rack on large rimmed baking sheet. Working in batches, drain chicken, scraping off most of the marinade. Add chicken to bag, shaking to coat completely.
- Deep-fry chicken, in batches, for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy and internal temperature reads 165°F (74°C) on instant-read thermometer. Transfer to paper towel–lined rack. Serve warm chicken drizzled with honey.
- Keep fried chicken warm in 250°F (120°C) oven on a baking sheet fitted with a rack until ready to serve.