- Yields: 2-3
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Farmhouse
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Farmhouse
- 8 bones rack of lamb
- 1 tbsp (15mL) olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 ½ cups (310mL) sweet peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (250mL) vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 sourdough crostini, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice the top off the garlic head and place into a piece of foil. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap foil around garlic and roast for 20 -25 minutes, until garlic is tender.
- Slice rack of lamb in half creating two 4 bone racks. Generously season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron pan on high heat add lamb and sear on either side for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add in the half cup of butter, rosemary and garlic cloves. Let butter melt and begin flipping the lamb every so often, continually basting with the herbs, garlic and butter. Cook for 16-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 130°F (medium rare) or 135°F (medium).
- Let lamb rest for 5 minutes before slicing into chops.
- In a medium sized pot, cook peas with vegetable broth until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of liquid. Strain the peas and return to pot. Add roasted garlic, 1 tbsp. of butter and reserved liquid. Smash peas with the tines of a fork or potato masher leaving some peas half smashed and some whole.
- Serve lamb chops on top of peas with the mint and crostini. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary.