- Yields: 36 cookies
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) flaked sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup (175mL) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Using electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon, gradually stir into butter mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut and all of the macadamia nuts.
- Form tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into crescent-shaped cookies. Dip in egg white. Roll in remaining coconut until completely covered. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for about 25 minutes or until a deep golden colour. Cool on pan on racks.
- Cookies can be stored in airtight container for up to 4 days.