- Yields: about 2 dozen fritters
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 3 cups (750mL) Nordica Smooth - Lemon
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- Stir flour with icing sugar, salt and baking soda until combined. Blend in Smooth cottage cheese and egg until a thick batter forms.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) Spreadables butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Drop by well-rounded spoonfuls. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Fry for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding extra butter to skillet between batches as needed. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and garnished with fresh berries.
- Make fritters ahead and reheat, in a single layer, on a baking sheet at 350°F (180°C) for 5 to 8 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Replace the Smooth Lemon with Smooth Vanilla Bean flavour.
- Serve the fritters topped with warmed raspberry, blueberry or cherry preserves.