- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 15 minutes (+ 6 hours freezing time)
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Real Coconut Whipped Cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250mL) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) coconut milk, chilled
- 1 cup (250mL) mango, diced
- 2 tsp (10mL) lime zest, finely grated
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Real Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup (125mL) mango, diced
- 1/4 cup (60mL) coconut, toasted and shaved
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime zest, strands
- Line 8- x 4-inch (20 x 10 cm) loaf pan with plastic wrap. In heatproof, nonreactive bowl set over larger saucepan of simmering water, combine eggs, egg yolks and coconut sugar (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch simmering water). Using electric hand mixer, beat mixture for about 5 minutes or until pale, thickened and doubled in volume.
- Gently fold in coconut milk just until no streaks remain. Fold in whipped cream, mango and lime zest. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top. Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight until firm.
- Invert loaf pan over platter; remove plastic wrap. Pipe whipped cream down along center of semifreddo. Top with mango, coconut and lime zest. Cut into slices using knife dipped in hot water.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove a large strip of zest from a lime, then use a chef’s knife to slice thinly for delicate strands that are perfect for garnishing.