- Yields: makes 24 cookies
- Preparation: 95 minutes
- 1 lb (454g) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) icing sugar
- 3 cups (750mL) all purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cornstarch, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (250mL) dark chocolate chips, divided (6oz)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) white chocolate chips
- Using an electronic mixer, beat butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, ginger and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of dark chocolate chips until well combined. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined. Do not over mix or cookies will be tough.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Gently shape dough into rectangular logs approx. 2" (5 cm) in width. Refrigerate logs for 1 hour or overnight. Dough should be firm.
- After refrigeration preheat oven to 325F (160C).
- Unwrap one log at a time and cut into 1/4" to 1/2" (0.625-1.25 cm) slices cross wise. Bake on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet for about 20 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Drizzle cookies alternately with white and dark chocolate.