- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60mL) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10mL) maple extract
- 2 1/4 cups (560mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5mL) cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 12 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup (175mL) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Using electric mixer, beat butter with granulated and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, maple syrup and maple extract until smooth.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; beat slowly into butter mixture just until dough comes together. Stir in bacon and toffee bits.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake, in batches, in centre of oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden. Let cool in pans on racks for 2 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Cook bacon, in batches, in a skillet set over medium heat, for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; drain on a paper towel–lined plate until cool enough to handle. Use fingers to crumble into pieces.
- Cook bacon in 425ºF (220ºC) oven on parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheet if desired.