- Yields: 64 cookies
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 2 1/4 cups (560) flour
- 3 tsp (4mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5mL) salt
- 2/3 cups (150mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175mL) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150mL) cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125mL) toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter, sugars and cocoa powder in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until well combined. Add the sour cream and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into one tablespoon portions and place onto the prepared sheet 2-inches apart. Bake in batches until cookies are slightly puffed and cracked, about 9 to 11 minutes.