- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 30 minutes (+1 hour chilling time)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125mL) parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) basil pesto, prepared
- In bowl, combine flour and Parmesan cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in pesto.
- Transfer to work surface; knead gently until dough comes together. Shape into 7-inch (18 cm) log. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Cut log into 24 slices, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Bake, in batches, in centre of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Let cool in pans on racks. (Can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
- Prevent cookies from spreading too much during baking by refrigerating sliced, raw cookies until ready to bake.