- Yields: 40 cookies
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups (550mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ⅔ cups (150mL) all purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (175mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 ⅓ cups (325mL) honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) chocolate chips and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended. Stir in melted chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until smooth. Stir in peanuts, peanut butter chips and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set around edges and tops just start to look dull. Don’t overbake. Cool 5 minutes on sheet then transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Replace peanuts with almonds or cashews.
- Use cookie scoop (like a small ice cream scoop) to spoon out dough. The cookies will be nicely shaped and a uniform size.