- Yields: 40 cookies
- Preparation: 1 hour 20 min
- 2 1/3 cups (580mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (75mL) jam, raspberry, peach, fig
- Heat oven to 350F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, lemon zest and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until lightened in colour, about 1 min. Add egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll half the dough into one tablespoon balls. Place onto one prepared sheet, 1-inch apart. Lightly press your thumb into the centre of each cookie, about halfway through the cookies. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Fill each cookie with a ½ tsp of jam. Bake in batches until edges begin to brown, about 13 to 15 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets.