- Yields: 20 cookies
- Preparation: 50 min
- 2 1/4 cups (560mL) flour
- 2/3 cup (150mL) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups (175mL) brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) peppermint extract
- 20 chocolate peppermint patty
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until well blended, about 2 min. Add eggs, one at a time and mix to combine. Add vanilla and peppermint extracts. Add flour mixture until combined.
- Portion dough into three tablespoon balls. Press a peppermint patty onto the centre of each dough ball, fully enclosing each patty with dough. If you find the dough a little soft to handle, lightly moisten hands with cold water or chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Place onto the prepared sheet 3-inches apart. Bake in batches until cookies are flattened and no longer shiny, about 13 to 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.