- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 3 cups (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 12 cups (3L) russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- 18 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250mL) onion, grated
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125L) unsweetened home-style apple sauce
- 1 tsp (5mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- In a large bowl, combine, potatoes, flour, eggs, onion, and salt and pepper, until well combined. Fold in cheese.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Place ¼ cup (60 mL) dollops of potato mixture into the hot oil pressing down on them to form ½-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Brown on one side until the edges are crispy and the patty is deep golden in color, flip and brown on the other side.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a side of home-style applesauce.
- Make sure to squeeze all the moisture from the potatoes before mixing with remaining ingredients.