- Yields: 8 servings
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA -
- 1/2 cup (125mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) cinnamon
- 8 egg yolk, large
- 2 tbsp (30mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl mix egg yolks and maple syrup. Beat until light and fluffy and then set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan over medium heat combine cream, maple syrup, cinnamon vanilla and bring the mixture up to a boil.
- VERY slowly add cream mixture into egg mixture, and stir well.
- Pour maple cinnamon mixture through a fine sieve then into ramekins, place ramekins in a deep baking dish pouring hot water in the pan until it comes 3/4 the way up the ramekins. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until mixture is set.
- Remove from the pan, wrap with cling wrap and place in the refrigerator. Once chilled, take remaining sugar and lightly sprinkle on the top of your custard. Using a butane fuel torch, lightly caramelize the sugar.
- Keep your butane torch vertical and hold the ramekin slightly on the side and slowly rotate ramekin as you caramelize your sugar. The sugar will run a bit as it toasts. Watch your fingers!