- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 3 cups (750mL) GAY LEA - 2% Milk
- 12 oz (375mL) SALERNO - Shredded Pub Mix Cheese
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) white grits
- 2 tbsp (30mL) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- 1/4 cups (60mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (50mL) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) hot pepper flakes
- 6 cups (1.5L) kale, shredded
- 6 cups (1.5L) baby spinach
- 6 cups (1.5L) baby arugula
- 1 tsp (5mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 3/4 cups (175mL) IVANHOE - Nothing But Cheese Cheddar
- 12 eggs, poached
- 24 slices bacon, thick cut, peppered, and cooked crisp
- 3/4 cup (175mL) chives, snipped
- Bring milk and 3 cups (750 mL) water to boil. Slowly pour in grits, whisking constantly. Reduce heat; cook, stirring often, for about 30 minutes or until tender and creamy. Whisk in cheese and butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly coloured. Add kale, tossing for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add spinach and arugula; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Spoon 1/2 cup (125 mL) grits into shallow bowl. Top with 2 tbsp (30 mL) wilted greens, 1 poached egg, 2 pieces bacon, 1 tbsp (15 mL) snipped chives and 1 tbsp (15 mL) Nothing But Cheese crumbles.
- Substitute Swiss chard for spinach if desired.