- Yields: 6-8 servings
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) lemon zest, grated
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 medium sized eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- In a small sauce pan over low heat add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 12-15 minutes until garlic becomes crunchy. (Note: keep on low as you do not want to burn the garlic). Remove from heat and strain garlic from oil. Reserve oil in a small container.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, mint, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin and 1 tsp garlic oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Brush eggplant rounds all over with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat for four minutes on each side. Once grilled, transfer to a platter and drizzle sour cream mixture over eggplant.