- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup (75mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Milk Sour Cream
- 5 oz (150g) BLACK RIVER - Cheese Chipotle Cheese Log
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp (5mL) cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 can (540mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (500mL) baby spinach
- 2 avocados, small, ripe, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup (75mL) red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75mL) cilantro, leaves
- 1/4 cup (60mL) pumpkin seeds
- 4 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Whisk together butter, lime juice, honey, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) and set aside.
- Toss remaining mixture with sweet potatoes. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, toss beans in reserved butter mixture; divide among four shallow bowls. Arrange sweet potato, spinach, avocados, onion and cheese in sections in bowls. Top with cilantro, sour cream and pumpkin seeds. Serve with lime wedges.
- Top each serving with a poached egg, grilled chicken, tofu or baked salmon for added protein.