- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 12 (180g) STIRLING - Butter Medallions, lemon dill, divided
- 10 oz (300g) SALERNO - 100% Goat's Milk Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (250mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250mL) chicken broth
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10mL) pepper
- 6 oz (175g) baby spinach
- 2 cups (500mL) whole roasted red peppers, cut into ¼ inch (5mm) strips
- 1/4 cup (60mL) 35% whipping cream
- In saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine 7 medallions of butter, white wine and chicken broth; bring to simmer.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Spread one side of chicken breast with goat cheese, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border; layer a few spinach leaves and strips of red pepper on top. Roll up chicken breast, enclosing filling. Insert toothpick into centre or tie with kitchen twine to secure. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Arrange chicken in melted butter mixture; cook on medium heat, turning once, for about 25 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°F (74°C). Remove chicken using slotted spoon and set aside.
- Return poaching liquid to stovetop; cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add whipping cream; return to simmer. Turn off heat; whisk in remaining butter, one medallion at a time, until butter is dissolved and sauce is emulsified.
- Remove toothpick or twine before serving. Slice chicken and drizzle sauce over top.
- Chicken can be cooked, covered, in the oven.