- Yields: 6 burritos
- Preparation: 42 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1 lb (500g) mild sausage, casings removed
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in small strips
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) frozen green beans
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125mL) hot salsa
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream, extra
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes. Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper for 1 minute. Crumble in sausage; cook for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Drain off excess fat. Add red pepper, green beans and carrot; cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and salsa to make dip. Spread ¼ cup (50 mL) of salsa dip over bottom third of each tortilla; top with equal amounts of sausage filling. Roll each tortilla and place, seam side down, in greased 13" x 9" (3L) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; bake in centre of preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Serve with extra sour cream.
- Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and iron.