- Preparation: 56 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz (125mL) mixed sliced mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitaki and oyster
- salt, to tasted
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125mL) classic rosé sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) cooked pasta such as penne, hot
- 1 cup (250mL) baby spinach
- SALERNO - Grated Romano cheese
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Melt butter in a hot sauté pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet and sauté until lightly browned. Add sauce and spinach; toss for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbling. Stir in hot cooked pasta, adjusting the consistency as needed with hot pasta water. Serve with additional Romano cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Make this a baked pasta by transferring to an ovenproof serving dish; toss fresh breadcrumbs with Romano cheese, minced garlic, chopped fresh parsley and melted butter. Sprinkle over top and broil just until browned.