- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 20 minutes (+ 10 minutes cooling time)
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60mL) wheat bran
- 1/4 cup (60mL) sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60mL) almonds, ground
- 2 tbsp (30mL) flax meal, ground
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125mL) coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup (75mL) brown sugar
Coconut Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, wheat bran, coconut, ground almonds, ground flax, cinnamon and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, coconut oil and brown sugar; stir into flour mixture. Divide evenly among muffin cups and press into bottom and up side of each cup.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and set. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely. (Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.)
- Stir together cottage cheese, bananas and orange zest. Gently fold in whipped cream. Divide evenly among granola cups. Top with mixed berries. Serve immediately.
- Granola cups and filling can be made up to 3 days in advance and held separately. Assemble just before serving.