- Yields: 4 to 6
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) coarse sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) kosher salt
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lime zest, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
- 6 oz (175g) SALERNO - Halloumi Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp (30mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5mL) lime juice
- 2 cups (500mL) Clamato juice
- 1 cup (250mL) pineapple juice
- 4 oz (125mL) lime juice
- 4 oz (125mL) tequila
- 2 oz (60mL) vodka
- 10 hot sauce, jalapeño
- 4 Worcestershire sauce
- ice cubes
- Stir together sugar, salt and lime zest. Spread out on small rimmed plate. Pour lime juice into separate small rimmed plate. Dip rims of 4 to 6 highball glasses in lime juice, then into sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Thread halloumi and pineapple alternately onto small wooden skewers. Whisk together honey, melted butter and lime juice; brush all over skewers. Grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until well marked and glazed.
- In large pitcher, stir together Clamato juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila, vodka, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Fill rimmed glasses with ice and pour cocktail over top. Garnish with grilled skewers.
- Simply replace the tequila and vodka with additional Clamato and pineapple juice for a virgin version of this drink.