- Yields: 4 to 6
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 2.5 lbs (3) baking potatoes, skin on, large, approx.
- 1/4 cup (60mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) sea salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) garlic, granulated
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 container Nordica Smooth Dips – Dill Ranch
- 1 cup (250mL) BLACK RIVER - Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 tsp (15mL) jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) round slices and place in large bowl. Add olive oil, chili powder, salt, granulated garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper; toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange on prepared pans in single layer. Roast for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown, flipping half way through and rotating the pans.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together Nordica Smooth Dip, jalapeño and garlic; set aside.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove from oven. Place all the potato slices onto one pan. Scatter cheese, black beans and green onion evenly over potatoes; broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Drizzle some of the dip mixture over the potatoes and scatter on your favourite optional toppings (if using). Serve immediately with extra dip on the side.
- Kick up the heat! Make the dip the day before and refrigerate - it gets zestier overnight!
- Use Ivanhoe Jalapeño Goat cheese in place of cheddar cheese.