- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 2 lb (1Kg) puff pastry
- 1/2 cup (125mL) icing sugar
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - 35% Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 18% Thick
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) icing sugar
- 2/3 cup (150mL) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 144 (24oz) raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) almonds, sliced natural and toasted
- 4 oz (125mL) dark chocolate, shaved
- Divide pastry into 3 portions. On work surface, roll out each portion into 12- x 9-inch (30 x 23 cm) rectangle. Place each sheet of pastry on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Dust with icing sugar and top with parchment paper. Place another baking sheet on each piece of pastry.
- Bake, in batches, in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Let cool completely. Trim edges of each pastry sheet and cut each pastry sheet into twelve 4- x 3-inch rectangles. (Pastry can be layered between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container, then refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
- Beat together cream, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks; gently fold in sour cream. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.)
- Arrange three pastry rectangles on work surface. Spread 3 tbsp (45 mL) Cream Filling over each rectangle. Place 6 raspberries around edges of 2 pieces of pastry; place one on top of the other. Cap with remaining pastry with Cream Filling. Garnish with 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced almonds and 1 tbsp (15 mL) shaved chocolate. Serve immediately.
- For the best flavour and presentation, be sure to toast almond slices well.