- Preparation: 20 minutes
Sun-dried Tomato Mayonnaise
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125mL) vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 8 oz (225g) roast beef, sliced
- 5 7" tortillas
- 2/3 cup (150mL) IVANHOE - Old Cheddar, shredded
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 5 lettuce leaves
- Soften tomatoes in water for about 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine Dijon mustard and sour cream. In a food processor, purée sun-dried tomatoes with lemon juice. Gradually, whisk in oil in a thin stream while processor is mixing. Add salt and pepper. Add dried tomato purée to mustard and sour cream mixture and beat until smooth.
- Slice tomatoes and cut red peppers in thin strips. Set aside. Assemble the sandwiches by placing one lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Then spread a little sun-dried tomato mayonnaise, add a few strips of pepper and tomato slices, a handful of shredded cheese and a few slices of roast beef. Roll the tortilla and serve.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.