- Yields: 6 servings (or 6 cups/1.5 L)
- Preparation: 57 minutes
- 1 zucchini, medium
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 2 tbsp (30mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups (750mL) cooked quinoa
- 3 cups (750mL) green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica 2%
- 2 tsp (10mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (50mL) toasted pine nuts
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into strips. Core and quarter peppers. Toss zucchini and peppers with the melted Spreadables and half the balsamic vinegar. Place on the grill. Cook, turning as needed, for 7 to 10 minutes or until well-marked and tender. Cool to room temperature and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss chopped vegetables with cooked quinoa, onion, basil and parsley. Stir cottage cheese with lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining balsamic vinegar. Stir quinoa mixture with cottage cheese dressing until well combined. Sprinkle pine nuts over the salad (if using).
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa in a pot with 1 1/2 cups (250 mL) water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer on low heat for 12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spread out on a plate to cool.