- Yields: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 8 cups (2L) cauliflower florets, 1 medium head (about 2lb/1kg)
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 3 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1 lb (500g) short pasta such as rotini
- 1/2 cup (125mL) sun dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Trim cauliflower and separate into small florets. Toss cauliflower with melted butter, garlic and half each salt and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once, for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden and browned.
- Transfer 1 cup (250 mL) cauliflower to a food processor. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and remaining salt and pepper; pulse until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Reserve 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooking water before draining.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with sour cream mixture, remaining roasted cauliflower, sun dried tomatoes and basil; add enough reserved pasta water to make pasta moist and saucy. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese at the table.
- Replace the Gay Lea Gold with Gay Lea Regular Sour Cream.
- The cauliflower and cream sauce mixture can be prepared ahead and rewarmed to toss with hot pasta.
- Fill individual Belgian endive leaves with spoonfuls of salad mixture to serve as a hand-held appetizer.
- For extra flavour and crunch, top the pasta with crispy prosciutto. Lay 2 slices of prosciutto out on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet; add to the oven during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Cool completely and crumble.