- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) all purpose flour
- 4 veal loin, or rib chops
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup (50mL) dry white wine, or 1 tbsp (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 cup (250mL) 35% cream
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh basil, chopped
- In shallow dish, combine flour with ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt and a pinch of pepper. Coat veal chops in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In large skillet, melt half of the butter over medium high heat. Brown veal chops, turning once; transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter to pan. Add onion; cook for about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in pesto and wine. Stir in cream and bring to boil; boil for 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Return chops to pan. Spoon any accumulated juices on top. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and serve.