- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) uncooked rotini or fusilli pasta
- 2 tsp (10mL) GAY LEA - Butter
- 2 tsp (10mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250mL) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (50mL) mushrooms, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1 tsp (5mL) oregano
- 1 tsp (5mL) parsley
- 1 pkg (500mL) Nordica 2%
- 1/2 cup (125mL) BLACK RIVER - Parmesan
- 1/2-3/4 cup (125 - 180mL) Hewitt's - milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Add vegetables, herbs and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables to drained pasta in saucepan. In skillet, heat cottage cheese and Parmesan.
- Blend into pasta mixture. Thin with milk as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Go for whole grain or spelt noodles. Slightly nutty and just a little chewy, these types of noodles enhance classic Italian fare with more minerals and fibre.