- Preparation: 36 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried tarragon
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lb (500g) fresh or frozen small scallops
- 1 lb (500g) large shrimp
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 lb (250g) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 lb (250g) snow peas, trimmed
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 lb (125g) spaghettini
- 1/4 cup (50mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - French Onion Sour Cream Dip, (or Gay Lea Dill & Garlic Dip)
- 1/4 cup (50mL) toasted pine nuts
- In large skillet set on medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, tarragon, fennel, salt, hot pepper flakes and pepper; cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until onion is softened. Increase heat to medium high; add scallops and shrimp. Stir fry for about 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp is pink throughout. Remove to bowl; keep warm. Pour in wine; bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits. Add asparagus, snow peas and zucchini. Cook and cover for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and return to pot.
- Pour whipping cream into skillet. Bring to boil. Slowly whisk in French onion dip until creamy and heated through; stir in scallops and shrimp mixture. Pour over hot pasta in pot set over low heat. Toss pasta and sauce together until creamy and well combined. Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Excellent source of thiamin, niacin, folate, iron and zinc.