- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 51 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 10 oz (250mL) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica 4%
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30mL) BLACK RIVER - Parmesan, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter over medium heat; add garlic, onion, lemon zest, thyme, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cooking for 3 minutes or until onion is softened. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, cottage cheese, Mozzarella, Parmesan, egg and nutmeg. Let cool slightly.
- Using fingers, gently loosen skin from thick end of chicken breasts to form pocket, leaving skin attached at edges. Stuff 1/6 of cottage cheese mixture into each pocket, patting gently to flatten slightly. Secure skin with toothpicks.
- In same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat; cook chicken, skin side down, for about 3 minutes or until golde brown. Transfer chicken to foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- The cottage cheese and spinach filling is terrific as a side dish. Place in small gratin dish then drizzle with butter and breadcrumbs. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes.