- Yields: makes 24 shortbread wedges
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50mL) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (560mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) orange zest
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C).
- Using an electronic mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir flour into the butter mixture. Stir in orange zest, cranberries and vanilla.
- Divide dough into two equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6" (15 cm) on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Decorate outer edge with the tip of a knife if desired. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove the shortbread from the oven and while hot, carefully cut each round into 8 wedges. Cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Shortbread will keep well for up to two weeks in an airtight cookie tin.