- Yields: Makes 48 cookies
- Preparation: 70 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250mL) ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 4 oz (125mL) bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooked
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Roll tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough into balls. Place about 2” (5 cm) apart on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. With thumb, indent centre of each ball. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden on underside. Cool on pan on rack for 10 minutes. Move to rack to cool completely.
- Stir together chocolate and sour cream. Pipe or spoon into indentations.
- Chocolate can easily scorch and seize when heated incorrectly, so it is best to go low and slow when melting. The easiest way to melt any type of chocolate is to place chopped pieces in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water and stir often.