- Yields: about 6 cookies
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (300mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups (875mL) flour, sifted
- 1 cup (250mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500mL) mini chocolate chips, 12 oz
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Stir in half of flour. Stir in chocolate chips, pecans and remaining flour.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, about 2" (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in centre of oven for about 20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool completely on pan on racks.
- If you are not using parchment paper, use unsalted butter to grease your cookie sheets - salted butter may cause cookie to stick and overbrown on the bottom.