- Yields: 3 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125mL) pretzels and toffee bits, finely crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) sea salt, coarse
- 4 oz (125mL) milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Beat butter with sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk. Stir flour with salt; beat into butter mixture. Fold in pretzels and toffee bits.
- Divide dough into two portions and form each into a log, about 1 1/4-inch (3 cm) in diameter. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Slice logs into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely
- Melt chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over simmering water. Dip one side of each round into the chocolate. Garnish with additional sea salt (if desired). Let stand until set.
- Store cookies, layered between parchment paper in an airtight container, for up to 5 days or freeze for 1 month.