- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 187 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1/2 cup (125mL) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 12 slices raisin bread, Egg Bread cut in thick slices
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250mL) 5% light cream
- 1/4 cup (60mL) corn syrup
- 1 tbsp (15mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Butter 9” square or 7” x 11” (2 L) baking dish; set aside. Blend 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter with sugar until well combined. Spread mixture thickly over one side of each slice of bread; sandwich slices and halve diagonally.
- Arrange sandwiches, one point side up, in prepared dish. Whisk together eggs, cream, corn syrup and vanilla until combined. Pour evenly over bread, spooning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cover and bake in oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer or until browned.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, if necessary, to brown the tips of the bread slices.