- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Stirling Creamery Unsalted Butter
- 3 oz (90g) Dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cranberries, dried
- 1 tbsp (15mL) flaxseeds
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in almond butter until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; slowly beat into butter mixture until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate, cranberries and flaxseeds.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto 2 parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake, in batches, for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool in pans on racks for 2 minutes. Transfer directly to racks; let cool completely.
- Substitute your favourite combinations in the cookies; try chopped dried apricots with pumpkin seeds and white chocolate, for instance.