- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- 4 cups (1L) fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp (45mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (15mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) orange liqueur or brandy
- 1 pkg (200g) amoretti (crisp Italian almond) cookies or ladyfingers
- GAY LEA - Regular Whipped Cream
- fresh mint sprigs or orange slices
- Cut strawberries into quarters. In large bowl, sprinkle berries with sugar and mint. Stir liqueur into berries until well combined.
- Break cookies into coarse pieces. Stir into strawberry mixture and let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Just before serving, layer strawberry mixture alternately with whipped cream into 6 parfait glasses or trifle bowl.
- Pipe whipped cream on top of each parfait. Garnish with mint sprigs or a twist of orange.