- Yields: Makes about 5 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 93 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10mL) egg
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking powder
- 1 cup (250mL) mini chocolate chips, chopped glaceed fruit, or chopped multi-coloured candy coated chocolates
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Using electronic mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Using wooden spoon, gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, adding chips or candies at the very end.
- Using round tablespoonfuls of dough, shape into balls. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Chill for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- Bake in centre of oven for 10 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes. Sift icing sugar into shallow bowl. Immediately roll each cookie in icing sugar to coat well.
- Presentation of food is just as important as how it tastes. Use colourful napkins and dishes to enhance colours at your table.