- Yields: 32 stars
- Preparation: 50 minutes
InstructionsKids will love helping you cut out these star cookies. Have a little fun and gather an assortment of cookie cutters and let everyone choose their own shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Using electric mixer, beat together butter, Mozzarella and Parmesan (or Romano) cheeses. Using wooden spoon, stir in remaining ingredients. Divide dough into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough, 1 third at a time, until ¼" (5 mm) thick.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut out stars; transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in centre of oven for about 15 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on pan on racks.
- Replace Mozzarella and Parmesan with 2 ½ cups (625 mL) shredded Ivanhoe Monterey Jack and add 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced fresh jalapeño to the dough.