- Yields: about 4 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175mL) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300F (140C). Using electric mixer, beat butter with salt and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Using wooden spoon, stir in flour, 1/3 cup (75mL) at a time.
- Divide dough into sixths. Pat out each piece of dough into 6" (15 cm) circle on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Press fork tines or tip of knife, all-around edge of circle. Using paring knife, without cutting through dough, score each circle into 8 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough, making two circles on each cookie sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Cut though score marks. Cool completely before transferring to racks.
- Cookie exchanges are a great way to share recipes. Gather a group of friends and bring enough cookies and copies of your recipe, for everyone. You get to take home some great ideas and a selection of delicious cookies.