- Yields: 8 to 10 servings
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, melted
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 1/4 cup (50mL) buttermilk or milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250mL) corn kernels, cooked
- 1 cup (250mL) IVANHOE - Smoked Gouda, or smoked mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In bowl, whisk together butter, sour cream, milk, eggs and sugar. In separate bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture along with corn, mixing just until moist. Spread into greased 8” (2 L) spring form pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden around the edges and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- For extra flavour and colour, you can add ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled bacon or chopped roasted red pepper to the batter.
- To use this delicious cornbread as stuffing, cut into cubes and let stand overnight on a baking sheet to dry out.